Engineering Maintenance Apprentice at BMW Group

OXFORD
16th March 2016

Connect with BMW Group

9.9/10

My role this year is to gain the qualifications in order to be worthy and capable of continuing the apprenticeship. Monday's consist of BTEC days where I learn the theory aspect of basic engineering and work towards an NVQ level 3 qaulificaiton. Tuesday to Friday I work in the workshop and obtaining skills in Mechanical, Electrical work and Machining.

I've learnt many electrical principles and domestic electric circuits. Such as how to contruct a circuit, test and also maintain such a circuit. My maths knowledge has widened to new problems and functions in the engineering world. I have also learnt how to use machinery properly and effectively: milling, lathe, pillar drill.

I had my eyes set on an apprenticeship during school and it has been so far what I've hoped for. The working environment is a mature step from school and I prefer it a lot more. I enjoy always learning new things and the ambition to work hard for a job at the end. Being paid to learn is also a bonus.

4. How valued do you feel by BMW Group?

Very much valued since all education is paid for in advance and high effort is put in for us apprentices. BMW Group also offer a good salary and an opportunity of a scheme car.

Training is well orgainsed and everything is planned and taught correctly.

Support is given when required. Extra help is in place for those who need it.

Maximum support is given from BMW. They do the best they can to resolve any problems and the occasional motivational speech is given.

More than enough. Much higher pay than my last job at a standard retail shop.

Yes, BMW is world known company and many benefits are given to employees. Such as the car scheme, gyms, various discounts with companies e.g. apple.

9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend? *

If the person is after an engineering life, then BMW is the way forward. Despite the high pay, the education is high since having a college on sight.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group? *

Be confident in your interview and think logically during the interview process. Such as what really needs to be done in a task e.g. time management, brainstorm of ideas, and roles given equally.