Apprentice Maintenance Technician at BMW Group

Sutton Coldfield
15th March 2016

Connect with BMW Group

9.4/10

As a maintenance apprentice my role within BMW is to fix machines that have broken down due to faults. This faulted machines should be fixed as soon as possible so that the required targets of assembled engines can be met.

Throughout the apprenticeship I have learnt a whole range of new skills from gaining new qualifications and being put through training courses. I have then also developed skills throughout my apprenticeship.

I thoroughly enjoy the apprenticeship program that I am part of as I am able to learn new skills whilst training to be an maintenance technician. Everyone work at BMW works as a team and helps me understand different processes and how everthng functions. The apprenticeship program have exceeded my expectations as it is helping me in more ways that I could imagine.

4. How valued do you feel by BMW Group?

I do feel very valued within BMW group from all different areas. I have recieved recognition from a range of different managers on completing different jobs and tasks set to me. I have also recieved recognition from my training manager on how well I am currently performing

The apprenticeship program is organised very well, within the first year you are learning new skills that will help you when entering the plant. The second year you begin working at the plant learning about new technology and different process that are in place whilst learning new skills and developing old ones. The third and fourth year you are then developing skills further in order to understand the processes in more detail.

There is a lot of support given by the training provider as they help with all problems that occur and try to fix them to the best of there ability. They also give us access to different learning environments in order for us to learn more information and help us complete our apprenticeship

I lot of support is given by my employers as the apprenticeship is a big learning curve. Whenever help is needed within BMW, managers, HR and other employees are always around to help and support.

The salary that is recieved throughout the apprenticeship is very good and increases throughout the time within the apprenticeship, leading up to the basic wage of your expected job role.

Outside of work there is a number of different opportunities that are avaliable to BMW employees. There is a company family day that is held once a year at one of the BMW factories within the UK. Also there multiple sports evening that are avaliable for employees to attend and to play.

9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend? *

I would certainly recommend a friend to BMW group as they are a great company and team to work for. You learn new skills and meet a lot of new people that will help you throughout your job.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group? *

When applying for the apprenticeships at BMW group make sure everything is in good detail, at the interviews be yourself and show the interviewers why they should employee you.