Process Engineer at BMW Group

Oxford
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
15th March 2016

Connect with BMW Group

7.6/10

I work in the corrosion team in the Paintshop, in process engineering. We have to ensure the process is running correctly day-to-day, problem solve when it fails and come up with new ways to improve it.

Plenty of hands on skills from my PEO and NVQ, lots of academic knowledge from my BTEC and HNC and lots of communication and people skills form being in the job role.

I thoroughly enjoy working with the people I do in my job role. It has it's ups and downs like any job, but I like to think I make the most of it.

4. How valued do you feel by BMW Group?

By my specific team I feel valued and as an apprentice I do too, but any higher than that and I know I'm just a number.

It's strong in some areas and weak in others. Admin tasks can sometimes be missed but the overall structure is well in place.

A lot, the training offered is exceptional. Those who need extra help are offered it.

It terms of college work they're very flexible if we have big projects or exams due. Bereavement wise they are also very understanding.

I am an exception - my costs are very high as I am not local and have to rent. Money is very tight but I make it work, that's not the companies issue. As apprentices we are payed well, although I had no support when joining.

I don't understand the question?

9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend? *

It;s a very good apprenticeship and is recognised all over the work. The company is reputable and the skill set learned is second to none.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group? *

They're much more focussed on the person than any grades so don't feel intimidated if your academic level isn't as high as others.