Maintenance Apprentice at EDF Energy

Gourock
£1,100 monthly
14th March 2016

6.3/10

I work with maintenance teams on site. This allows me to learn from those more experienced and the chance to put any new found skills into practice.

I have a previous qualification as a mechanic so this apprenticeship has given me the chance to further the skills I have learned previously.

The program is enjoyable as it allows me to try new things and push myself forward.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

As an apprentice you are on one of the lowest rungs of a long ladder but I fell like the others within the company are happy to help and listen.

The first two years training is well structured. When you return to site this structure is less and you are left to yourself sometimes.

When you return to site there is less support than before. It can be a positive at times as it forces you to work outside your comfort zone.

I have been left at times to find information and there can be a lack in communication.

The pay is sufficent for an apprentice.

There are opportunities theat are advertised internally. These can be taken or left as per your own choice.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

I would recommend it as it is a steady reliable job in an area that will be around for years to come.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

I would say to push your comfort zone and try the new opportunities presented to you.