Apprentice maintenance technician at EDF Energy

West kilbride
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
11th March 2016

8.1/10

Apprentice maintenance technician. At the moment I am in the second year of the programme and this consists of gaining the critical academic and basic hand skills needed to progress within my career.

Academically and practically I have achieved both as you learn something new and better everyday.

I enjoy the programme when it comes to the friends I have made and the skills I have gathered although living away from home has been a challenge.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

The company treat staff very well and make me personally feel like I am being looked after from a company point of view.

The programme is organised very well and any problems are resolved quickly and efficiently

EDF and Babcock work together well to provide a good quality of training and living for everyone

Whenever I or anyone else has a problem it is taken seriously and they are very helpful to keep you happy

My salary is very good in consideration to the circumstances and I know of company's where the wages are not as good for the same time in training.

There are lot of opportunities for me to get involved with.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

The company is very fair in respects to what they expect from the workforce to what the workforce are given from the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

Try your hardest to get a job with the company and work hard to get through as you will be very happy with the end result in your career