Apprentice at Aldi

£800 monthly
11th March 2016

7.9/10

Apprentice Manager

I do the normal daily tasks of a store assistant and some managers task such as waste/date checking and test trolleys. My responsibilities include guaranteeing a safe environment for my staff and the rotation of stock.

I have completed my level 2 last year and I am progressing quickly with the level 3. All my key skills have really improved since starting the apprenticeship and my people management and time keeping have improved dramatically

The team/store I work in are excellent and extremely nice, hard working and supportive and I have created many new friends and have met all my expectations and more.

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel valued by Aldi because I am constantly given the opportunity to complete complex important tasks without supervision

The course is well structured but Aldi is a very busy company and store and sometimes tasks get cancelled or delayed because we're so busy which can seriously delay the training that I receive through itec my training provider

Itec have been very supportive and extremely helpful and have provided me with everything I need to complete the course to the best of my ability.

They are very eager to help me train but because the store is so busy some times tasks get delayed or cancelled and rescheduled to a different day. And therefore have delayed work with my training provider. Because Aldi and Itec are very good with overcoming these problems as I always complete the training even if its a couple of weeks late and they allways try and help as much as possible to help me catch up.

Very well but the pay is considerably less between apprentices and store assistants even thou apprentices have more responsibility and task to complete.

The company do provide benefits through the aldi benefits scheme but don't organise events except for christmas and leaving parties.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

Hard work but very nice people to work for and lots of opportunities for advancement.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be nice and friendly with a real passion for customer service