Trainee Associate at PwC

School Leaver Programme
10th March 2016

Connect with PwC

7.0/10

I am a school leaver in the Real Estate tax team. I have the opportunity to work with a number of different people from all grades, most of my work has been drafting letters, correspomdimg with HMRC, completing tax compuations and returns and other spreadsheet work.

I have learnt and developed and number of new skills such as networking, filling in tax returns, writing letters and report writing.

I enjoy some aspects of the work, and have a good peer group to connect with, however in my team there is not a fantastic working atmosphere and there is not much, if any camaraderie. The work is likely to improve as I progress as the worst job are always delegated to the most junior members.

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I receive thanks from some seniors but it doesnt feel like what I do makes any difference or helps in any way.

It is a very well structured programme, with the whole two years almost mapped out entirely, which helps us to work out our progression.

We receive a good amount of support from Kaplan however it could be higher.

We receive a good amount of support, such as study leave, time off to complete diploma work and other opportunities to help us with our qualification.

It meets my costs well as I live at home, and for a school leaver it is a very good salary.

There are many opportunities to socialise and attend events outside work, as well as a number of benefits such a free gym membership, and free language classes in the mornings.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

Fantastic start to a career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Read up on the interview process online so you are prepared for all of it.