Service Delivery Analyst at Capgemini

Gap Year Programme
9th March 2016

Connect with Capgemini

9.6/10

I currently work in a Service Introduction role, I first joined on a PMO role but was quickly put into a SI role where I had to develop a process between Capgemini and employer and put this into place, monitoring and tracking projects and ensuring they are ok to go into Service. On a day to day basis I work with a range of Project Manager, Service Delivery Managers, Service Introduction Managers, Architects and a VP.

I have developed a range of skills since joining Capgemini - Not just knowledge of Projects, clients, service delivery etc. but also communication and confidence skills, I now host a range of meetings and have the confidence to speak to senior members of staff from different suppliers.

I thoroughly enjoy my programme, the amount of support I get from my manager at Capgemini as well as my QA mentor is fantastic, I get exposed to a wide range of learning styles and also a range of suppliers (ATOS, HCL) etc.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

I feel far more than an apprentice, if I'm away for a training week sufficient cover needs to be put in place for my roles, I am treated and regarded as an important member of the team - Thanks to Capgemini!

My programme is well organised, unfortunately due to some difficult circumstances within QA I didn't get to meet my assessor for a bit longer than I'd have liked but they were always there to support me and I could always be in touch!

As mentioned above, unfortunately due to some difficult circumstances within QA I didn't get to meet my assessor for a bit longer than I'd have liked but they were always there to support me and I could always be in touch!

Capgemini support me massively, my direct manager has set up a one to one mentoring session with me on a weekly basis in which I can address any issues I have, anything I don't understand, where I'd like to focus on going forward etc.

I was happy with my starting salary but due to the amount of work I now have I believe I may be working slightly above my pay grade.

Because I work on client site in Chesterfield all of the Capgemini staff who travel stay in the same hotel, we all meet downstairs in reception for 7:30 and go out to a different restaurant every week, which is very nice! They have also set up a badminton class weekly at the local leisure centre!

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

The support you receive is fantastic, working in a collaborative, friendly, hard working environment can set you up for an exciting and rewarding career!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Sell yourself! Don't be afraid of being wrong, put your thoughts out there, & learn the 7 Capgemini values!