1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
College Level 2, Level 4 and Level 5 taught lessons followed by assignments with upt 4 days in plant per week.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Overall deeper understanding of engineering coupled with y own drive has resulted in skills in electronics being picked up as well as CAD
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is enjoyable however can be unstructured at times.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
Within the work place i began to feel very valued when attending 4 - 5 days per week currently attending just 2 days per week leaves me feeling out of the loop.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
At times the structure can be extremely poor due to the fact that the college that JLR use struggles to cope with the amount of students present.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
An satisfactory amount.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Vast amount within home work department, however apprentice team can be somewhat difficult to work with.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
JLR is based around the Warwickshire area which is a pricy area to live in however the wage pack does allow for apprentices to live comfortably within the area.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Company events are open to apprentices provided they work hard in relevant areas to get invite to them.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good experience, good start to engineering, good opportunity to get paid while you learn.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Understand mathematics in depth for the college course. Get some understanding of a working industry.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!