Degree Apprentice Quality Engineering at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry

7.9/10

First Degree apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover. Currently undertaking the first year of my foundation Engineering degree. Also spending some time at the Engine Manufacturing Centre in Wolverhampton where I will be training as a Quality Engineer.

Undertaking foundation degree in Engineering Learning Level 2 practical skills for the trailblazer apprenticeship Learnt networking skills, having to speak with wide range of colleagues within the business

Really enjoy the engineering aspect, teaching me new skills which can be used for life. Enjoy working with my colleagues both inside and outside of plant. Exceeded my expectations as I have learnt lots in a short space of time and feel integrated into the business

Feel very highly valued, apprentices are highly thought of and I will hopefully be playing a big role in the company in the future. I am looking forward to becoming more involved in the future.

In depth induction (3 weeks) got us integrated into the business, college and plant environment. Lots of support from multiple managers and have a Work-based learning manager. Regular reviews give guidance on how we're performing.

Have tutorials and optional extra maths sessions. Have reviews of behaviours to see how we're performing. Have work-based learning managers based in college who we can see speak to for support.

Have regular meetings to show keep us up to date with the business. Also have regular visits to plant, gaining some experience.

Feel very well paid, plenty of opportunities for progression too. I am able to travel comfortably, pay my bills and rent with money left to spare. Therefore I am extremely happy with this.

Have opportunities such as the ELS scheme and events where you can improve skills and knowledge. There are plenty of ways you can get involved outside of work including team building activities.

Jaguar Land Rover are a great company to work for. There are plenty of opportunities to further your career here and I am aiming to do so. They offer competitive salaries and extras meaning you will feel well looked after and happy in what you do.

Be honest and make sure you have a genuine interest in Engineering. Be prepared to put in hard work and ensure you are punctual. Don't be afraid to speak up and give your opinion.