1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work as a HR apprentice and so the following are involved in my role -Recruitment -Absence monitoring - Assisting in the new starter and leaver process -Keeping records up to date
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained better computer skills, interpersonal skills and customer service skills. I now have a Functional skills qualification in Maths and ICT which i feel will benefit me when applying for a higher apprenticeship.
I feel my people skills have developed to a great extent and I am a much more confident individual.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working as part of a team, it has been such a good experience. I have a wonderful team, the organisation is very supportive of my development.
4. How valued do you feel by Academies Enterprise Trust?
Very valued. My line manager always supports me and I won apprentice of the month September 2013
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It has been organised very well
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a great amount of support, however i do feel as if group learning (classroom based) for one day a week would have benefited me more as oppose to monthly visits. This would be because there would be more regular access to verbal support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support. My team are always looking for ways to make work more pleasant
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel as if the Apprentice salary of £2.85 a hour is unreasonable. Only because it seems like a very minimal amount to be given when you are said to be a well appreciated team member and when you carry out many tasks independently and to the best of your ability. I do not get paid at that rate, i am content with my salary but i do feel it is necessary to flag my concerns up for the benefit of other apprentices.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Academies Enterprise Trust to a friend?
bECAUSE THEY ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Academies Enterprise Trust?
Always push yourself and try to achieve as much as you can, the AET are very supportive and will always try to help you meet your goals so take advantage of the opportunity you are given,
More from Academies Enterprise TrustMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!