Power train Manufacturing Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Warwick
7th March 2016

7.3/10

Learning engineering related topics leading to tests and coursework assignment deadlines. I am with the same people most of the time as we are a group who carry out activities together.

I have learnt many hand skills and new topics relating to the engineering sector. From this apprenticeship, I have built a lot more confidence and am developing techniques on how to work well within a team.

I enjoy it a bit more than I expected as the company really values its apprentices and I have been gaining knowledge on a lot of varying topics which I could take home and use.

very valued. I believe everyone understands the importance of apprentices and pay us a lot of thought when going to plant and ensure we gain the maximum amount of knowledge and work to our full potential.

So far, it is not as structured as I would have expected it to be with constant classroom changes with no notice and some lecturers not being as organised as possible.

My work based learning manager is very effective in keeping me up to date with any activities I should be aware of. He has also helped me with all the issues and problems I have had in the past, promptly and effectively.

I have not spent much time at plant so cannot say as of yet. However, the HR team within the college, directly linked with Jaguar Land rover, are really helpful and can be approached with no caution.

Very well. This apprenticeship salary would allow me to rent a house, lease a car and cover all maintenance expenses. I chose to live at home so I save a lot more than many others and can at times freely spend.

I only started in September, and am currently attending college, so am not too aware of opportunities offered by Jaguar Land rover. However I am aware they provide discounts for many activities and developing skill based courses.

The overall experience, so far, has been great in the sense that I have gained a lot of knowledge and feel the facilities at college have been great. The chance that is given to go to plant and experience what our future job may entail is a big bonus, really getting to grips with how processes and real life jobs will work. Going to plant also breaks up long college periods, bringing a nice change and something to look forward to.

Ensure you have developed or are developing not just your work ethic but your overall behaviours in the way you approach tasks and reach solutions/conclusions etc.