Powertrain Manufacturing Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry
7th March 2016

7.8/10

At the moment im in college full time, but in plant we get to try out different activities when we go in.

I am going to get a foundation degree as well as a degree in engineering. also im gaining loads of practical skills.

I enjoy working with the people ive met, as well as in teams doing different challenges such as the mycro tyco.

I feel really valued as they care for us and make sure we are treated well, and also our managwrs are really helpful.

I think its organised and structured well although sometimes there is a lack of this and could be improved.

I think i get as much support as they can provide especially with the maths.

The support is also great as the employer has to approve all help we get and also they make sure everything is ok for us when we do something new.

I think the salary is above the average, I think i get enough as this keeps me going and allows me to save money as well, also paying bills.

There are various events which apprentices take part in, these build your skills. There's opportunities to go to different colleges and schools to encourage the youngsters.

Its a good opportunity to get many many skills as well as earn your self a good amount of money, also you meet many people which is a great thing if you are friendly.

Work hard in your studies as it is hard to get in and once you are in its even tougher so work hard and focus.