Technical Apprentice at Leonardo

Edinburgh
3rd March 2016

Connect with Leonardo

8.6/10

12 week placements over 4 years where I will complete different tasks in lots of different departments. At the moment I am in config where I am creating CP's, parts, technical documents, ect..

I was at college for the first 5 months where I learnt loads of new skills in the mechanical and electrical departments. This gave me a good base for starting on site.

Its great. Everyone is very helpful and everyone works as a team. Its a great company to work for and I am really enjoying it.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

Even as an apprentice I am still valued the same as anyone else. If I need any help with anything there is always somebody to help me out.

I feel everything has ran well. From the 2 week induction where we were given knowledge on the whole company to the support we always get. The training I received for my first placement was a great help.

My supervisor is always there for me to ask any question at all when I am struggling and he isn't bothered at all at coming over and giving me help on what to do next.

All the help I need they are always there to offer me assistance. Nobody would turn me down if I needed the help.

Its perfectly acceptable for me right now. I try my best to plan out the costs for each month and I always seem to do okay.

There are loads of opportunities outside work. We do company events for charity and the apprentices are thoroughly involved in them all.

9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *

Its a great company to work for as you always have the help you need and have the chance to learn new skills when getting paid for it.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *

Always put in the effort and be confident. If you show you are keen and interested in the company then you will be recognised.