Technical Apprentice at Leonardo

Edinburgh
3rd March 2016

Connect with Leonardo

Technical Apprentice

Depending on which department I am in will depend on the tasks I carry out. In my current department I have just carried out the task of building a model radar. I have to communicate within the company daily, with people in my department and others around the company.

I have recently achieved my PEO in college and now currently trying to achieve my HNC and SVQ level 3. I have gained various new skills through both the work place and college. I have recently had training on dealing with pressurised systems.

I thoroughly enjoy my programme, I am currently also enjoying the department I am in. I enjoy the aspect of learning while I work. the enjoyment levels have achieved what I expected.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

Although I am only a first year apprentice, I feel extremely valued by the company as they strongly support the apprentices and always remind us of our value to the company.

The structure and organisation of my programme is carried out extremely well, I am clearly shown the plan on how the intend to train me and ensure I gain the qualifications. I am provided with a huge amount of support from every one, from colleagues, managers and others. There are meeting which I can organise or other can organise with me, these are done through outlook which keeps it all well structured.

From my training provider I receive plenty support, also from my internal assessor I receive plenty support. if I have any enquiries i can approach them.

I receive a huge amount of support from my employer. If I have any issues regarding work or education I can approach them without any issue. They are easy to get a hold of and easy to approach.

My salary package covers my costs well enough, I can afford to travel from Fife to Edinburgh daily, I can afford my living costs and also my wage is enough to cover my social life and extras.

Through my work there are many opportunities outside work, such as charity work or with the local schools. There is many fundraisers I can participate in for charity, there are also careers events I can attend to represent my company.

9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *

I would recommend my company because my apprenticeship is very enjoyable, it provides excellent qualifications and the wage is good. The company has a very safe and friendly environment which also would help me encourage friends to apply.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *

Carry out research into the company, ensure you have a bit background knowledge into what you are stepping into. For the interview remember to remain confident and calm. The assessment centre can be a tad intimidating however you should look past that and realise they are only trying to help you bring out the best in yourself.