1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice tunneller working predominately assisting the fitters and fabricators. Day to day work involves welding, burning, maintenance of plant, and taking stick.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to weld, cut metal with burning gear, repair machinery and many other skills besides.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I'd do it for free.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
I feel very valued by Costain.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider maintains contact.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A good amount. I am given the opportunity to progress in the areas I want to.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I make enough money to pay for costs but not enough to save. It is well for an apprenticeship though.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There will be once I am a trained fitter.
9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I recommend Costain because they are health and safety conscious and pay subsistence.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *
Find the area where you can provide the most value to the company.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!