Cyber Security Engineer at Fujitsu

Birchwood

8.3/10

My role within fujitsu is a SEP Engineer (Symantec Endpoint Protection).i have to perform daily checks for a number of companies who we provide security systems for. We keep up to date information for them and make sure that they are all running smoothly.

I have so far learnt about IP addresses and how to work them out by binary code. I also know how to access different servers via rdp which is pretty interesting. If have also engaged on an excel course so that i can use excel proficiently.

I have been enjoying this programme quite a lot, i have been learning a lot whilst working here at Fujitsu. The opportunities to learn a lot here are masssive.

4. How valued do you feel by Fujitsu?

I do feel valued by Fujitsu. I feel like i am being payed rather farely so fare and that this is recognising my level at the company. And i knwo if i develop i will be valued more

The programme is very well structured. i know what i required of me and what is expected. I know how to work as a responsible employee and where i stand when it comes to my role within the team.

I have the support i need from my trainer and fellow apprenticeships. The trainers are there to help me whenever i need it and are more than happy to help with issues

I have loads of support. My managers are there to help whenever i need them. Also with one to ones, i get the feedback i need ton help me develop and perform better.

The salary could be slightly improved due to the amount of money i need to pay out for trains to and from work. As i do live a fair distance away form where i am based.

They are a lot of opportunists outside of work. Fujitsu take part in a lot of charitable events ranging from sponsored bike rides to iron man competitions, they earn a lot of money for charities.

9a. Would you recommend Fujitsu to a friend? *

They are a fantastic company to work for and at my age to work for a company like Fujitsu. They provide fantastic opportunities and great pay levels for the type of work you start off doing.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fujitsu? *

Be prepared for a very well rewarding job. the list of different ways to develop yourself is endless and the company and staff are happy to help support you through any obstacles.