Product Assistant at TUI UK

School Leaver Programme
February 2016

I work in the Product Department as a Product Assistant. This involves planning the future programme with planned capacity and hotels. On a daily basis i interact with Trading and Purchasing teams.

I have learnt my strategic thinking skills since joining TUI. I have also learnt how to work efficiently in terms of prioritizing key tasks & ensuring accuracy in the work i do.

I really enjoyed the programme. I learnt a huge amount from the experience and it has put me in good stead going forwards. The company culture is brilliant which makes it a nice place to work.

4. How valued do you feel by TUI UK?

I feel very valued from TUI and have done from the beginning. The management team put confidence in you from a young age and provide you with a lot of responsibility. I was recognized for this several times in my two years on the scheme.

The programme is very well organised and has only got better as the scheme has grown. I had a two week induction timetable with all training on the job at specific times. I also had a buddy and a mentor throughout the two years.

I received constant support from my line manager along with the learning and development teams. This was available at any time.

I received support from TUI whenever necessary. The HR team are very easily contactable, My mentor was also available for catch ups. I had one a month but could have been more if i felt necessary.

While living at home my salary while on the school leaver scheme was in line with my costs on a monthly basis and did allow me to save. If i had moved out then maybe a higher salary would have been required.

There were plenty of opportunities outside of work including volunteering in discovery days and social events several times a year. There are also sports clubs that you can get involved in.

9a. Would you recommend TUI UK to a friend? *

I would recommend TUI to a friend as they are an enjoyable company to work for with lots of opportunities for career development. You are not treated as an apprentice which I really liked.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to TUI UK? *

I would advice applicants to research TUI before applying and to ensure they have a firm understanding of what the scheme involves. This will also help when it comes to assessment days & interviews,