Network business engineer apprenticeship at Virgin Media

Birmingham

Connect with Virgin Media

I am a network engineer. I work on either Faults, ingress or maintenance. I am either keeping the network at optimal performance or fixing issues customers may have.

I have learned a lot since I started a few months ago and not a day goes by where I don't learn something new. I am going to gain qualifications In I.T, maths, English and multi functional skills by the time my apprenticeship is complete.

I really enjoy this programme I am participating in. The team I work in are friendly and helpful. The company have is a great company to work for. I am enjoying the programme so far and yes it met my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by Virgin Media?

I feel valued by virgin media, the manager and my team show you appreciation and recognition when I have done something well or helped out.

The programme is well structured and organised. I have a mentor assigned to me whom I work with on a daily basis to learn from. I also have a study day once a week.

I receive great support and guidance from my training provider. Always there to answer any questions I may have and gives help whenever its needed.

My employer also shows my great support. the team I work within my manager will always answer any questions I have or anything im struggling with and will always help me.

My salary meets my costs well at the moment. I am providing with a company van and fuel is all paid for. There is also great benefits for working for the company which saves you money.

The company gets involved in anything they can as it is a fun, adventurous company. Also likes to help out charities so fundraising days, voluntary working.

9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend? *

Its a great company to work for and I have never worked for a better company than virgin media. There are endless opportunities, its fun, everyone is friendly its just a great place to work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media? *

if I was to give others advice for applying for virgin media I would say at interviews just be yourself.