Software developer at Fujitsu

Manchester

9.8/10

Software developer

handle the maintenance and upgrading of my team's machines and learning about the programming languages that are used in our products.

usually talking to my colleagues to get advice and guidance from them whether that be face-to-face, though email or over the phone.

only really contact my college tutors externally.

my job to make sure the machines are all running smoothly and at the latest versions of software.

yes, i am gaining my Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence with telford college which means i have a range of assignments and courses to complete, for example, windows server administration fundamentals exam.

then in the workplace i am learning new things from colleagues all the time like new linux commands to help with everyday things.

i have also been on a range of courses that help both with me personally (life skills) and help me with my job.

i love working here at fujitsu, there is always a new challenge everyday and my team are always there to help me whenever i need it.

4. How valued do you feel by Fujitsu?

i feel greatly valued by fujitsu as the vision for us apprentices is to take the reigns from the current employees when they retire.

very well structured, i always have something to do at work and we get 1 day a week to complete the college work that has been set by our tutors.

the support we receive is great, they only visit our company around once a month but if we ever need some advice you can just send them an email and they'll respond quickly.

the support i get from my team and manager is also great, if i ever need anything they are always happy to help out. i also have monthly meetings with my manager to look at my progress and talk about things that are going on.

fantastic, i think fujitsu are generous to their apprentices

yes, the company have quite a few events that apprentices can attend. for example i went to the conservative party conference to represent the Fujitsu apprentices.

9a. Would you recommend Fujitsu to a friend? *

its a great environment to learn and develop your career in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fujitsu? *

just to be yourself and if the job is right for you then everything will pan out good for you