Advanced Apprentice at Fujitsu

Crewe
24th February 2016

4.9/10

Role is a 1st/2nd line desktop support. Daily tasks include answering the phone and emails, logging call and then resolving them. Daily internal interactions with the members on the same desk I work on Daily external interactions with sites that phone up Responsible for logging calls and closing any calls that I can.

Learnt about networking and subnets - but had no use for it. Developed general computer use.

The problem solving is enjoyable. The team I work within is good for the most part. There are efforts from the company to involve everyone in everything that is happening. I did expect more of an advanced role, rather than just a 1st/2nd line support agent which just deals with standard computer faults.

4. How valued do you feel by Fujitsu?

I have a non-existent manager, who is only on site on Tuesdays & Wednesday, that provides no guidance or direction. Outside of the small team that I work within, there is no internal or external recognition. The only involvement in the project was as a support agent.

The Induction was a series of web learning. The training I was provided with was on the job, but mainly came in the form of documented procedures to follow. Once I was comfortable in the 1st/2nd line support role, all support was dropped and further training was not proved. Support is offered from the majority of team members that I work with, but not all. The meeting that I have with mentors from Telford college are helpful. My program was no organised, at all. At one point on of the other team members had to train me on a subject, and that training was fully organised, but apart from that there was nothing.

My tutors are always helpful in providing feedback on tasks and direction. I have been able contact to contact my tutors whenever I have needed, but a reply can take a while sometimes.

My manager is very poor, so not enough support is provided. Resources are not focused on my development. Mentors are able to provide support when it is needed.

The salary allows me to provide a bed and food, but nothing more.

There are opportunities to get involved with company event and activities, but none of these are local.

9a. Would you recommend Fujitsu to a friend? *

I can envision better prospects elsewhere.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fujitsu? *

I was told by my manager that I was the only one out of two to be able to complete the screening, so ensure you know the basics of the field you're applying to. :::I would have liked to have been told that I was being employed as a low paid support desk agent, instead of an advanced apprentice.:::