Trainee Engineer at Costain

East London
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
23rd February 2016

9.7/10

My role includes checking and setting out of the daily works on site and supervising the sub contractor.

I have learnt many new skills, such as new communication skills and also problem solving as well. I have also expanded my knowledge on engineering in a whole as well.

I am really enjoying my programme at the moment, I find it very interesting and challenging at times as well.

4. How valued do you feel by Costain?

Costain make every apprentice feel valued, they always make sure that they speak to us individually to see how we are getting on and also to see if we need help with anything.

My programme is the first time Costain has done something like this for apprentices with the block release programme, I think they have structured it really well.

My tutor is always on hand to help with any problems I face. Costain also are always there if any of the apprentices need help or guidance.

Costain offer plenty of support in and out of work.

Great, I have another money to pay all bills and still save and go out with my friends and family.

Costain have many different activities outside of work and always invite everyone along, there are also great events on at the ICE aswell.

9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *

Great company to work for with excellent opportunities out there.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *

Explain more about the company and what different sectors there are, also about using the HR system online as well.