Rating

• 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
  • The Close Brothers scheme programme offers department rotation whereby, in my first year, I worked in four departments of Close Brothers Premium Finance: Finance, Credit, Operations and Sales Support. Throughout the year, I was involved in the daily tasks and varying projects within the departments and have learnt how their roles fit in with the business. For instance, I have learnt how we appeal to brokers and clients, the different products we offer, processes and functions, the quantity of deals sealed and the scrutiny carried out on particular clients.

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • I have gained a number of valuable soft skills such us organisation skills, adaptability and time management skills.

• 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
  • I really enjoy working for Close Brothers -since starting the programme, I've felt welcomed by each of the different teams I've worked in and have been well involved with their tasks and projects.

• 4. How valued do you feel by Close Brothers?
  • I have regular meetings with my manager(s) which allows me to provide feedback of my progress and thoughts about the departments I've worked in - I have found that this works really well as it gives them opportunities to offer feedback for tasks I've compeleted and recognise the work I've done for them.

• 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
  • 9/10

• 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
  • Training is always available if I need it - we have a dedicated training team who offer training on certain skills (for example, Excel training) and my manager is always willing to help if I need training on anything specific; I can also discuss any training with the team surrounding me too.

• 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
  • Since starting the programme, I was given a mentor to discuss any problems/feedback with throughout the year - I have found this works really well. This means I can have informal catch ups of my progress and thoughts about the programme when I want to though, I also know I can discuss any problems or thoughts with my manager, HR and my team if I need to.

• 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
  • 9/10

• 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
  • 9/10

• 9. Would you recommend Close Brothers to a friend?

• 9b. Why?
  • It's a well organised programme and I recommend it to anyone considering alternatives to university with an interest in Finance. I've met really friendly people and have learnt a lot about this company and the banking industry.

• 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Close Brothers?
  • Be yourself when attending interviews or assessment days and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Details