Work Experience Student at Pinsent Masons

Birmingham
£0 annually
19th February 2016

Connect with Pinsent Masons

My role varied depending on the department I was in during the day. For instance, I would be researching about contract law and studying a case in Litigation or in EU and Competition I would be compiling a document on Merger controls and whether or not you would have to notify the jurisdiction of a potential merger dependent on turnover etc. I never did the same thing twice.

Absolutely, I learnt how to be an efficient research and really synthesise information. I realised that the court procedure is only an aspect of the legal process and how important proof reading is.

10 out of 10. This is an eye-opening experience for anyone who wishes to pursue a career in Law.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I felt very valued at Pinsent Masons, everybody was extremely welcome and accommodating of my needs. The staff on each floor welcomed me like I was one of their own.

There was a very structured timetable put into place and everyday I knew what I was going to do and where I was going. I never once doubted what I was doing because in the welcome pack I received it clearly specified who my supervisor was and my department I would be going to that day.

In regular intervals, my supervisor for the day would come and meet with me to address any problems I had with the current task I was given or if I had any burning questions about the Law firm or law in general. They were very supportive and I felt I could ask for support at any time which made the experience enjoyable.

Lunch was provided for in their in-House café, which was delicious.

The reference and certificate of completion from such a prestigious firm will look great on my UCAS application.

9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *

It is one of the best and most open firms I have ever been to. The nature and dynamic of the firm makes it an easy environment to work and encourages work experience students like me to take up a career in law.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *

Dress smart. Don't feel nervous or anxious, there is no need to be, it is a really nice atmosphere and the people here are super nice.