Assistant Relationship Manager at RBS

Cambridge
18th February 2016

Connect with RBS

7.9/10

• Helping to maintain a positive customer relationship
  • Answering customer account queries
  • Prospecting
  • Account opening
  • Booking meetings

• Communication skills have improved
  • Confidence has grown
  • I.T. skills have increased

Really enjoy my programme. Daily customer interactions, great team and support.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

Really feel valued. We have living our values awards, love awards and people boards meetings to discuss our work environment and to help us feel appreciated.

When I first started I felt like programme could be structured better as I didn't have many jobs to do at first and was eager to get stuck into the role however 6 months on I am doing much much better and I am fully stuck into the role.

BPP have been okay. Exam was very difficult compared to support provided by BPP and not much help on coursework.

Everyone is very supportive. Whenever I have a customer or customer question which I am unable to answer my colleagues are quick to help me.

Salary is excellent considering it is an apprenticeship and you are gaining two recognised qualifications.

Lots of opportunities to volunteer in the local community, RBS gives employees 5 volunteering days a year to encourage more of us to help out.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

Really enjoying my role. Great work atmosphere, great team - everyone is very supportive and even though I am much younger than those in my office, age is never an issue.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

• Be confident
  • Research the bank including Lombard (Asset Finane), Invoice Finance - be sure to know all the parts of RBS Group.