Business Analyst at RBS

Edinburgh
18th February 2016

Connect with RBS

8.2/10

My role as an apprentice business analyst is to deal with day to day business within a working group project. This can range from queries to constructing a process map. I have lots of meetings throughout my week whether they be conference calls, room meetings or 1 to 1s. I use Microsoft excel predomonantly to store gathered data and information.

Yes I have indeed learned some new skills. I personally think my IT knowledge has grown and I am feeling much more comfortable and confident when using certain programmes ie excel. I also think my interpersonal skills has improved whilst working at the RBS as I deal with external customers frequently, I also work in a big team which is good as I have many people I can learn from.

I have really enjoyed my first month at RBS. The team I work in are great with me and they treat me very well, explaining all the ins and outs of what we do. I have had 1-1 meetings with a few of the team mebers and this has been a great help for me. I get along well with everyone and I enjoy coming to work.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

I feel very valued within the RBS. I feel that people have a understanding that I am new withing the RBS and that I am here to learn whilst gaining work experience, so they help me vastly and make sure they explain things to me before handing me a piece of work. I feel very comfortable with my fellow colleagues and this can only be a good thing.

My programme is very well organised. I have arranged dates to meet my training provider and and I am excited to get this started with BPP. There is a future ahead if I work hard and give my best and this thrives me to do better in the long term.

I am yet to properly start with my training provider however I have been in contact with them numerous times and everything seems to be going well so far, we have arranged to meet up next week to have me properly enrolled. I am excited to get started.

I receive massive amount of support. Whether this be through my team or others that I know within RBS. My line manager is really understanding and is always there when I need to talk or ask questions, which I feel is great for myself as I know I can't hide. My team members are constantly helping me and guiding me in the right direction. This emphasises how much support I am receiving so far.

The salary I am on is fantastic, for my age I firmly believe that this is a very good salary to be on. I commute via car to work and it covers this easily, as well as covering all other bills I have. I wont ever be struggling for money and this is a good feeling.

Yes there are many opportunities outside of work. I have been asked to play football at the 5s pitch at Drummond House, I see this as a great way to meet others and socialise in a different way. I know I will definitely make some friends for life here and that is something that pleases me greatly.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

I would and have already recommended RBS to my friends as there are many opportunities to succeed here and have a very long career earning good money. I have friends who have already applied for apprenticehsips here after hearing what I had to say.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

I would advice them to take care with their application and make sure it is the best it can be, as it is very competitive to get a job here. Make sure they stand out and can be recognised for something they have done which might catch the eye of an employer.