Planner at Costain

Hull

6.6/10

Job Title: Apprentice Planner.

Daily Tasks: Within planning my day to day tasks are to update & monitor progression with various site agents, & Subcontractors. Also to attend meetings that regards progression into meeting end dates of the project. I also update any minor programmes & make sure that everything is meeting an actual.

Responsibilities: I have to undertake a series of activity's such as making sure programmes are been monitored & highlighting where progress is made.

In addition to my apprenticeship I have learnt & added to my Qualification & Skills.

I have attended many internal training courses, such as; P6 planning core skills, First aid training, Fire Safety training, NEC 3 Planning course.

Adding to my qualifications such as; gaining my level 3 NVQ & I will be venturing on to gain my HNC.

I have also gained a lot of site experience as this has given me a better understanding in many aspects of construction & engineering.

Working has really given me a better opportunity to follow my end goal with in civil engineering.

Team: The team I work with are very helpful, & I really enjoy working alongside a number of different people.

Expectations: It has really met my expectations & enjoy it fully.

4. How valued do you feel by Costain?

Manager: I feel very appreciated when working alongside my line manager & the team. Working alongside the client and subcontractor is also a pleasure & I feel very well appreciated.

Induction: Very well inducted.

Training: Is going very well.

Support: Support is there when needed.

Meetings: take place once a month to view on my performance.

My programme Is well organised.

I receive plenty of support, as when needed.

I receive support in my aspects from the HR team to general.

Salary Package meets my costs.

9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *

Costain is very reputable company & looks after & implements a good way of working.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *