1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an assistant IT Hardware Buyer within Purchasing at Vauxhall. I am involved with various different countries such as UK, Germany, Spain, Hungary and Poland. Generally involves regular interaction with stakeholders from the Purchase Requisition stage until the order has been completed and any guidance needed afterwards.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed a number of different skills within my 2 years so far at Vauxhall. My levels of maturity have strengthened as working in an environment such as Vauxhall or any full time job, you need a more mature outlook. Also skills such as organisation, task prioritization and management.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Vauxhall?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Fairly well structured and organised, we have a clear rotation scheme every year into a different department and our qualifications om which we are undertaking are made clear.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
It varies, in some things lots of support. In others, very little.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Lots - being an apprentice is very sociable.
9a. Would you recommend Vauxhall to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is very well paid, a good opportunity to meet people and the qualifications gained are good.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Vauxhall? *
Be willing to work hard.
More from VauxhallMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!