Merchandising Assistant at Boots

East Midlands
Competitive
February 2016

Connect with Boots

I am an assistant for mechandising which involves helping the team within the categories of skincare, fragrance and accessories. On a day-to-day basis I work on projects that involve contacting suppliers, creating rebuilds in the merchandising room and creating/viewing planners.

I have gained more confidence in meeting new people and I have improved my networking skills.

I hugely enjoy the apprenticeship programme, I feel like this was the perfect step after college. Not only am I still increasing my qualification range but I am also learning so much more on the job. Everyone I work with is so friendly and helpful.

4. How valued do you feel by Boots?

I feel extremely valued by Boots. It's great!

The programme is organised and well structured. However it can feel a bit confusing at first.

I recieve a lot of support from my training provider. I feel like I can always ask questions.

I recieve a lot of support from my employer.

The salary is really generous considered to other apprenticeship programmes which is great!

There is always social opportunites outside of work to help to get to know the other apprentices.

9. Would you recommend Boots to a friend?

It really is a nice company to work for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots?

Always look for events such as the work inspiration week and shine bright. It really is useful being able to talk about things you've already experienced within Boots when it comes to your CV/interview.