Network Q Analyst at PSA Group

East Midlands
February 2016

7.4/10

I am a Network Q Analyst, the role has a diverse range of tasks and is always changing. This includes reporting, digital marketing, events and dealing with warranty issues for the dealer Network. I am required to support a field team of seven with monthly reports on all of the Vauxhall retailers, it's been an interesting learning experience and I got to design the reports from scratch. Every day is different and there are a lot of ad hoc projects to get involved with.

Since joining in 2012 i have been attending Bedford college doing a range of qualifications from HNC to HND, internally i've been on a couple of training sessions such as Microsoft Excel. I've learnt a lot since being here, which have set me up for my future career.

I have enjoyed the program for the experience it has given me, and has allowed me to gain valuable experience in key business functions, my current department is a great place to work. There has been a feeling of uncertainty throughout the program over our future however

4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?

In my department i feel valued and feel like a normal member of the team, and have just as much responsibility as everyone else. The department does not decide the future of the apprentice as this is decided centrally, which i feel can be an issue as i feel uncertain of my future.

The program is structured well in terms of college and changing departments, mentors are offered if the apprentice wants them, and has improved a lot in recent years. There are 3-4 meetings a year with HR regarding the program. I haven't received much information on what will happen at the conclusion of the program.

In recent years the support received from the training provider has increased a lot, the lessons are more structured and the content is more interesting and informative. Teachers are more now approachable and i feel i am able to apply some content covered in college in the work place.

My manager is very helpful if i have any issues, we have weekly meetings on my role and progression which i find helpful. Meetings with HR are once every quarter and sometimes hard to contact. Not really sure what is happening after my college course is finished.

The salary is adequate for my current situation, it would not be sufficient to move away from home, not sure of the situation after the college course is finished.

There are loads of opportunities for events outside of work the are organised with internal communications. These are open to all employees and have a wide range of activities.

9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?

Great experience in one of the biggest automotive companies in the UK, great job roles and interesting college course that will aid in my future career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?

Dress smart for interviews and be confident. Great experience but wish career progression opportunities were discussed more, felt a bit in the dark throughout the whole program.