1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
IN my role I am currently at west Cheshire college learning the skill i will need to go into the work place in June. For the time being I attend work at vauxhalls during the half term periods.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
In the first year of my job i am training, so i'm developing my skills every day and learning new skills that will help me in my job in the future.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love my program as a practical hands on person, i chose to do engineering as level 3 btec in sixth form that made me realized that engineering was what i wanted to do. I knew i was a practical person but didn't know which area i wanted to go into but doing engineering made it clear.
4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?
With Vauxhalls investing so much time and money into me becoming a valued part of there team i feel very valued and privileged to have been picked out of a vast number of people for this apprenticeship.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The course is very structure with alot of content, support and studying.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
West Cheshire College is our training provider and they put on good course and work with us to try and get work done
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Vauxhalls support us massively and any problems we may have as dealt with. In order to get the best out of us Vauxhalls give us there best support and knowledge.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary packages covers my costs well, due to me having to do a 55 mile round trip every day my travel cost are higher than most of the others but my wages cover everything i need and i can live comfortably.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
When we get to plant we will then be able to participate in more thing such as the gym
9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?
A large company that are global and working at the home of the astra is amazing to be part of a such well know company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?
Its alot of work but i'm sure it will be worth it in the end and i will be a qualified engineer.