Sales Associate at Harrods

School Leaver Programme
5th February 2016

Connect with Harrods

6.4/10

I am working in Harrods as a senior sales associate training to be a manager. Starting as a sales associate and working my way up will afford me the experience to help my team.

Having never worked in a management role I have learnt many skills regarding this. I have however worked in retail before so I have expanded my skills to work in a luxury retail environment.

Although it can be quite stressful, the experience the course has given me is amazing and I don't feel like I would be able to get this experience elsewhere.

4. How valued do you feel by Harrods?

In some occasions people do not understand the course I am on, so in this case I feel slightly undervalued. However, when people understand the course I am on they really appreciate it and try to help me develop.

It is very well organised in the sense that we have a training schedule that rarely changes, however sometimes the shop floor suffer when I have to leave for training.

I receive a lot of support from the training provider, she is always keen to have catch ups to understand how we are getting on.

In some cases, they aren't so willing to give you time off the shop floor to complete your extra responsibilities.

The salary is good for the job that im in.

There are many company events.

9a. Would you recommend Harrods to a friend? *

Because its a great development programme.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Harrods? *

Keep your mind open to different departments