Software engineering new associate at Accenture

4th February 2016

Connect with Accenture

5.7/10

My role involves learning and training whilst seeking out roles with chargeable projects, to utilise and further develop skills and capabilities.

Yes I have learnt new programming languages such as java, UNIX (command line), HTML5 and I have been developing my excel skills.

I enjoy the programme to some extent; there are a variety of different people who have different ideas, it is diverse and everyone is friendly with a positive attitude.

4. How valued do you feel by Accenture?

I feel that people are able to pick up on some of my positive qualities such as being able to speak to new people; communicating ideas in a team and working hard.

The program is fairly organised we know when to go for training dates and what courses we are doing, the rest is up to us to organise.

I receive minimal support. Mostly, there is a lot of independent learning and figuring out what you need to learn.

I receive minimal support. I will support if I really need it.

My salary is very good; however there is a lot of cost in travelling to other places.

Yes there are company events to go to sometimes and charity events.

9a. Would you recommend Accenture to a friend? *

Accenture gives you a great opportunity to find your own way and put your skills to practical use.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Accenture? *

Ensure you develop skills before you go to Accenture so you find it easier to learn new skills and be able to use them in your roles. Also, ensure you are well-prepared in the interview; have examples to demonstrate your skills; come up with benefits for the company hiring you and ensure you are sure of what kind of roles you may be interested in doing at Accenture.