1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role here at Howdens Involves:
*Answering, forwarding and making calls along with taking on messages and customer quires. *Making sure that the reports paper work is completed and filed away. *Keeping hold of all accounts that trade and trying to get the account that doesn't trade regularly to start trading more often. *Sending out letters to accounts that are dropping off, deleted or new accounts. Sending all invoices out to existing account holders. *Making sure that all accounts that have been sent off to head office is up and running.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt to speak more clearly whilst on the phone to customers. My computer skills has improved, for example my typing skills, my written communication skills and also my manner towards customers in general.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed this apprenticeship very much as it was a great experience, I learnt a lot from it and also I've picked up and developed many skills which after a while I progressed on.
4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?
I do feel happy with Howdens, but just a few area's in which I need to discuss with my manager.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
it was very organized thanks to my assessor Angie.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
out of 10 I would say 10
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
out of 10 I would say 9 as the one percent is for things that we wouldn't quite agree on.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I wasn't too keen on my apprentice salary but as I was learning it didn't really effect me.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes, but I don't think that I would want to leave Howdens after a year of training here
9. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend?
Because they are a very good company that look after there staff and also they have so many opportunities within the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery?
keep your head down, work as hard as you can and make sure you can hold a laugh.
More from Howdens JoineryMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!