Business Developer at Howdens Joinery

4th February 2016

Connect with Howdens Joinery

8.8/10

My role here at Howdens Involves:

*Answering, forwarding and making calls along with taking on messages and customer quires. *Making sure that the reports paper work is completed and filed away. *Keeping hold of all accounts that trade and trying to get the account that doesn't trade regularly to start trading more often. *Sending out letters to accounts that are dropping off, deleted or new accounts. Sending all invoices out to existing account holders. *Making sure that all accounts that have been sent off to head office is up and running.

I have learnt to speak more clearly whilst on the phone to customers. My computer skills has improved, for example my typing skills, my written communication skills and also my manner towards customers in general.

I enjoyed this apprenticeship very much as it was a great experience, I learnt a lot from it and also I've picked up and developed many skills which after a while I progressed on.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

I do feel happy with Howdens, but just a few area's in which I need to discuss with my manager.

it was very organized thanks to my assessor Angie.

out of 10 I would say 10

out of 10 I would say 9 as the one percent is for things that we wouldn't quite agree on.

I wasn't too keen on my apprentice salary but as I was learning it didn't really effect me.

yes, but I don't think that I would want to leave Howdens after a year of training here

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

Because they are a very good company that look after there staff and also they have so many opportunities within the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *

keep your head down, work as hard as you can and make sure you can hold a laugh.