Apprentice Signalling Design Engineer at Siemens

Glasgow
3rd February 2016

7.8/10

Trainee Signalling Design Engineer, I complete tasks assigned to me which help fill a portfolio of evidence which will help me become a licensed Railway Signalling Engineer at the end of my apprenticeship.

I have learned how to use CAD to produce engineering drawings and I have a much greater understanding and respect for the work that goes into maintaining and improving the railways.

I enjoy the programme very much and feel extremely privileged to have had the opportunity.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I feel that the company does a lot for it's workers and genuinely cares about providing the best experience and opportunities, especially for its apprentices.

The programme is quite well structured, we have had plenty of work to do and have been on a number of courses alongside our college placement

We get plenty of support from our trainers, they do a great job at providing us with assistance when it comes to any issues we may have.

Our employer provides a decent amount of support, if there is an issue with anything, our complaints will be listened to.

At the moment my salary is enough to cover my personal costs, such as travel and other payments but I also have enough to enjoy without worrying.

There are plenty of opportunities to do extra courses and overtime shifts or regarding further education following the completion of our HNC/HND.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

It is one of the worlds leading companies and the work it does spans many industries, therefore its a very interesting company to work for and its employees are afforded lots of benefits.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

I would say be prepared to give it your full potential as it's necessary if you wish to take full advantage of the opportunity and succeed.