Finance Apprentice at Leonardo

Luton
3rd February 2016

Connect with Leonardo

9.2/10

I am a finance apprentice who's day to day roles include, account reviewing with project managers, capital authorisation and managing, technology sector invoicing.

I have dramatically increased my Microsoft excel skills it has given me a greater understanding of the finance sector in general and helped improve my knowledge of accounting practices.

I thoroughly enjoy my apprenticeship programme, although I do not move round the business as much the team that I work with and welcomed me in and trust me which is a big positive.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

I feel very valued by my finance team around me. My manager has given me a glowing reference at my last review with my apprentice manager which made me feel very much part of the team.

The organisation of the programme is ok. There are a lot of us here at finmeccanica so I do understand that It will be hard for them to manage completely.

My training provider is very helpful they have provided me with numerous useful sources to help me learn and develop my skills and knowledge

My employer show me great support they are currently putting me through my CIMA qualification and have always assisted me in any issues I have.

The apprenticeship scheme here at finmeccanica is very competitive and I have struggled to find an apprenticeship which matches the wage that they provide.

We are provided with lots of activities outside of work like going back to schools to give talks on the apprenticeship schemes, we have many sporting teams to be included in and also many charity events.

9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *

It is a very well run company who appreciate every single employee. You are integrated massively in the finmeccanica community and encouraged to achieve your goals.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *

I would advise them to relax, make sure they are prepared and have researched about the company before going to the interview process.