Civil Servant at Civil Service

Amesbury
3rd February 2016

Connect with Civil Service

7.3/10

I am a mechanical engineer apprentice. My daily tasks may vary as each day is different through out the week. My first year is mainly to learn the basic principles of Engineering.

-Health and safety -Hand skills (Filing to tolerance) -Eng. Prin. -Mechanical Principles

There are a lot of things to be learn but I prefer the practical side of the course as I get to practice my new skils

4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?

We haven't been at our home site much during our first year, however when we are I feel very welcomed.

We get set a task to do each lesson however when the task is complete there is a lot of time spare.

I get the support I need if I need it.

My line manager always does her best to try and help me out

I find that I can live off my wages easily as long as I manage my money right

If I were to do any activity besides going to the gym I would have to travel somewhere, which can be difficult as I do not own personal vehicle

9a. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend? *

It is a good experience, you can learn a lot from an apprenticeship, I would defiantly choose this over any uni.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service? *

If you get through to interviews make sure that you do a background check on the company and tell them about the different feature which are available.