1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an electro mechanical apprentice, I am in my first year which is very theory based on basic key skills. After this year I will go on placements to improve my skills in the workplace.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Health and Safety, Engineering principles, hand skills, basic electronics
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme but I would like to do more practice work as we do a lot of theory, however I know this will change next year.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
We haven't been at our home sites much yet, but I feel very welcomed when I'm there.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We have set times for each subject each week, but we do get a lot of time to do each task, and then have nothing else to do. When we are meant to do practical though I can often be double booked.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I get support from all the staff when I need help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My line manger is very quick to respond to any questions I have if I email her.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I believe I get a very good wage for a first year apprentice and I have enough money to use.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
They have many opportunities as I can join the gym for a cheap price and go to company events.
9a. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They are a good employer and look after their staff.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service? *
Look up about the company and what your job will include.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!