Junior Project Manager at CGI

Edinburgh
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
3rd February 2016

Connect with CGI

7.9/10

Day to day i assist with testing of the system , resoure, research and analyse and manage the eportal by liasing with applications development centre members.

I have developed my IT, communication, time management and team working skills. In addition to this i have learned alot about project management and the way businesses work.

I gain a lot of enjoyment from my programme, i work with a great team who always make time to answer my questions and make an effort to show and teach me new things.

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I feel very valued and highly supported by cgi, i have so many different people i can come to for support and i still get all the same benefits as an ordinary member.

My programmed is very well organised because the UK students team is dedicated to running it and making sure everything is well structured and that everyone has the support they need.

I receive lots of support from my training provider , i receive regular guidance from my assessor and am also supported by other people within the training provider.

I receive loads of support from my employer as well as being supported by my line manager and the team i work within i also receive support from my career manager,the Uk students team and as well as the scottish public sector head of business services.

Whilst salary is generous and more than most apprentices might get I do sometimes struggle to meet all my costs with it. However the additional benefits package is excellent.

My company has a good social club and there are also lots of social events organised exclusively for apprentices and grads to give us time to have fun and get to know each other.

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

CGI is a great company to work for as you will feel supported and valued , will be given everything you need to get through your qualifications and have a great career waiting for you after you have completed them.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

Go for it! Make sure you are fully prepared for your interview , especially as it will likely be an assessment center featuring group tasks, face to face interviews and a group presentation.