1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Quantity Surveyor Raising Orders, Making Payments and Subcontract Management Interact with the Project Managers, Scheme Leads, Senior QS, Project QS, Accounts Department and Engineers. Interact with Subcontractors and the client. To ensure that orders are raised and fully approved, to make payments to the subcontractor and to raise applications to the client.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed my interpersonal skills, I am now able to communicate more efficiently. I have gained by CSCS card.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme a lot and find that I am learning a lot as well.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
Yes I do
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
a reasonable amount of support
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
a lot of support
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes the social comity organises events
9. Would you recommend Costain to a friend?
they are a very good and respected company and have treated me very well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain?
to research the company so that you can gain an idea of their values and expectations.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!