1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
machining metal components, fitting activities.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, learned how to use machines such as conventional mills, conventional lathes and CNC lathes. Fitting experience also improved.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Enjoy day to day activities and learning new things.
4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?
Valued for supplying prototypes, one off jobs and modifications that halt production.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured, framework in place to guide through the apprenticeship successfully and efficiently.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Plenty support, training manager for day to day apprenticeship issues, assessor for SVQ issues and line manager for engineering/learning issues.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Good support in terms of increasing skill levels and completing apprenticeship.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Meets living costs, leaves enough money month to month.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is plenty opportunity for activities outside of work, school visits, charity events etc.
9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good place to work, enjoyable day to day, provides good job experience and pays well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *
Try and gain some engineering knowledge before applying.
More from LeonardoMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!