1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Plant hires, material orders, subcontract orders/liabilities/invoices, plant liabilities, process and input supplier invoices, process payment card orders/transactions/payments
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Completed level 2 AAT
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am currently extremely enjoying my AAT studies, I will have completed level 2 as of February 2016 and I will start AAT level 3 in March 2016.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
When I first began the AAT level 2 apprenticeship, it took a while to get me signed up properly and I missed out on booking my exams for the recommended date. But after this full support and guidance was given and the rest of the training was well organised e.g. the induction, tutoring, support meetings etc.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Both my personal reviewer and tutor at college offer guidance and support with any questions or problems I have.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support and guidance is given with any questions or problems I have from both my manager and the apprenticeship team at head office.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary / package meet my needs / costs. Travel costs are covered and the college I attend is only situated 40mins away from where I work (with bad traffic this can go up to 1 hour 30mins)
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Last year Costain did a group event for all apprentices to help raise money for the Costain 150 challenge. As I am not based at any main offices most of the events are too far to take part in.
9. Would you recommend Costain to a friend?
They offer a great package for apprentices and will helpfully guide and support you along the way with any problems / questions.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain?
Do not be afraid to ask any questions - everyone is very helpful and will do their best to find an answer for you.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!