1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
• Scheduling meetings • Travel arrangements • Registering visitors • Booking meeting rooms • Organisation catering requirements • Updating databases • Preparation of visits by high level senior US Executives • Customer visits and hospitality
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have, my organisational skills have been a lot more precise. I can see a difference in my work from when I first started to now. Lot more accuracy.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Yeah I really enjoy it, mainly because of my job role. If I was in a different job role I don't think I would enjoy it as much. This role exceeded my expectations.
4. How valued do you feel by 3M?
I feel extremely valued as the work I am doing is helping out various departments. I have received brilliant feedback from everyone I have worked with.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is very structured, I see my assessor every 6 weeks, I am given the time needed to complete all my work and I am receiving a high level of support from my manager.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
All the training sessions have been clear and well organised. My assessor at first was slow to respond to emails and queries but now responds a lot faster and easier to communicate with.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the support and more from my employer. I always receive guidance with problems and ways to improve my work. I have always felt like I can ask for help when needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My pay package from my apprentices does not meet all my costs so I had to keep on my weekend work to cover this.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yeah there are, 3M is a very social place. We have a gym on site which can be used by everybody. Some people even participate in a tag rugby team.
9a. Would you recommend 3M to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I believe 3M is a very good place to work, not only do they not treat you like apprentices but it gives you such great opportunities for any future jobs.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to 3M? *
The key is to be extremely confident, you need to make sure your application fits around the job role. Even if they believe the job role you are applying for isn't suited to you then could offer something different. You need to stand out.
More from 3MMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!