Customer Service Representative at 3M

February 2016

My role is an customer service representative, this involves in processing orders manually and electronically. I am currently dealing with claims from wholesalers. I daily interact with customers over the phone and through email. I also do daily reports on the most current back orders.

My time management has improved due to having to make time for all my tasks in my work day. I am getting more confident speaking to customer through email and over the telephone.

I enjoy the apprenticeship, it gives you real experience while earning a qualification. I enjoy it as the team are very friendly and helpful & i enjoy my daily tasks.

4. How valued do you feel by 3M?

I feel valued by the team at 3M. I have been involved in projects/tasks- currently involved in the E-Comms project & have done data cleansing tasks that are preparing us for the move to SAP which i felt that i was appreciated for.

I feel like the programme is well organised, my assessor comes in every 7 weeks assigning work for me to do and signing units off. I also go to Birmingham to the learning centre to learn and take exams.

I receive enough support that if i have a problem or an issue I was unable to solve myself I could turn to my training provider for support. They are quick at responding to me aswell.

At 3M if I have a problem with work, Their attitude is positive and always willing to help me. My manage and I have fortnightly one to ones where we discuss how I am getting on and where I can improve.

The salary is higher than the apprentice minimum wage which helps with travel as I have to travel quite far to get to work. I can live comfortably buying food for myself and paying for my horse excluding rent.

I dont think there is many opportunities outside of work. although I haven't really took an interest if there are any opportunities. As I live quite a distance from 3M I think it would be quite hard to take part in any activities after work.

9a. Would you recommend 3M to a friend? *

It has been a good experience for school leavers/young adults who are more practical. It is a good career step in to a well known good company to work for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to 3M? *

Be confident & Enthusiastic towards the job role. Research the company as it is good to have knowledge of the history and what products they make. It is a good opportunity to be apart of the company.