Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Technical Apprentice at Leonardo

Luton
February 2016

Connect with Leonardo

9.0/10

I work within the circuit design area of hardware. My day to day role changes every day according to where the project is at. I have been involved with designing boards for production and implemented this and followed it through design proving.

I have gained my HNC in electrical and electronic engineering at Bedford college. I have also done plenty of internal training courses, as well as health and safety allowing me to sign off risk assessments. I have also learnt a lot of soft skills and become more confident with networking and I give presentations on a weekly basis.

I thoroughly enjoy working where I do, I am always made to feel welcome to a new team and the work that I receive is very stimulating however there is always support there if needed.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

I feel very valued, I have received 3 company wide awards and from this it gives me more motivation to work hard. within the project that I work upon I feel valued, the project manager can approach me anytime and I feel he respects my knowledge.

It is very well organised, the rotations at the start of the program are very insightful and helps you guide your apprenticeship towards your own interests.

within the department I receive a lot of help and support if needed. also the apprentice manager is very helpful with most situations.

I feel as if I receive a lot of support, I have had meetings with the senior management as well as the SVP of the company, he has also stated that we are welcome to ask questions where needed.

Since starting the apprenticeship I have managed to move out from living with my parents into a rented property. I manage to get by with the wage I am on, however I do sometimes feel I am doing the work of an engineer though my wage does not reflect this.

Yes, I am assistant project manager for the Big Bang this year, as well as I am the schools ambassador for three schools which gives me experience of a management role.

9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *

I would do so, I had the option of going to Uni and I have never looked back with the experiences that I have received and the respect that I have gained through the apprenticeship I would defiantly recommend this.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *

I would advise anyone who was to join the company to get involved with anything and everything that is possible. I would also recommend that you work your hardest, it is quite often not what you know but how you approach a situation.