Technology Apprentice at Fidelity International

Hildenborough
1st February 2016

Connect with Fidelity International

9.6/10

I am a technology apprentice in the Market data team. I am in the technical area, so I help with supporting our Market Data applications, such as Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters.

I have been on training courses since I started back in Sept 2014, which is great for my learning. I am now certified in using Thomson Reuters Eikon, and the same for Bloomberg - both of which are great certifications to have working in Market Data.

I thoroughly enjoy my programme. I work with great people in a great team, we all work together and it is a lovely atmosphere to be in everyday.

4. How valued do you feel by Fidelity International?

I feel very valued, as Fidelity take pride in their apprentices, and it really shows. They arrange days out, specific training, and any 1-2-1 buddy chats that need to be arranged, so you are never alone.

Our programme is very well structures, however, I have already mentioned this - I felt like the communication between myself and QA (training provider) could've been a bit better.

I received a lot of support from my training provider, which was great. UI never felt too worried or under pressure by myself. I had guidance from the beginning o the end of my course.

I receive a lot of support from my employer. I catch up regularly with my manager, and go on plenty of training to help my understanding, and even have a buddy in which I share general queries with.

My salary meets my costs, and over. I am very pleased with the salary I have been given as it covers all my monthly costs; rent, car, fuel, etc.

There are many opportunities, such as charity events, days out which are arranged with work and so on. And this is the same with the apprenticeship, as we have nights out and team building events planned by our organiser of the apprenticeship scheme which is a great way to get out and meet everyone.

9a. Would you recommend Fidelity International to a friend? *

I really like the companies atmosphere and work ethics. From my own experience, I know that great and friendly people work here, and I would recommend that to anyone.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fidelity International? *

I would advice that you mention that you enjoy working as a team, as well as individually - that is always something that is looked up on. Also, be calm and engaged during assessment days, however nerve wracking it may seem.