Apprentice Technician at Leonardo

Edinburgh
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
1st February 2016

Connect with Leonardo

9.3/10

Apprentice Environmental Technician, focussing primarily on fitting work.

Almost all my hands-on skills and engineering knowledge to date have been gained throughout my apprenticeship.

The level of responsibility in my day-to-day job combined with studying to further my qualifications makes for a great experience.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

I feel far more valued by my individual department than the company as a whole, although this is to be expected when working for such a large business.

The working side to the programme is very well structured with regards to placements, final placements etc. although the college is more often than not very unorganised.

Any support required at any time during the programme is available.

Any support required at any time during the programme is available. Individual department employees are very supportive and beneficial when learning new tasks/skills.

Apprentice wages are very good compared to a number of other companies and meet my costs well.

The apprenticeship programme has a number of out-of-work benefits as well as opportunities within the work place to get involved in a variety of activities/events.

9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *

Great for developing skills and experience in the workplace whilst at the same time gaining qualifications at college.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *

Apply yourself, work hard and show enthusiasm towards any task.