1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Network Engineer, day to day maintenance of the network and fixing any faults that occur within it.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
As an existing employee I have started to develop skills I already had and began to take on lots of more knowledge to push my self and become a good engineer.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the apprenticeship, this is the second one I have done after enjoy the first one I thought doing another one would be the perfect way to develop my skills.
4. How valued do you feel by Virgin Media?
Working for Virgin Media is a good experience and I enjoy working for them, they value their employees.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme seems organised, but as it is early days we are yet to see a full breakdown of what the whole programme entails.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I regularly have 1-2-1s with my manager to keep me updated about everything that is going on and what is required of me.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer helps me the whole way through my apprenticeship, I have an assigned mentor to take me through everything I need to learn.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My current salary is competitive against other apprenticeships, however with rising living costs, a salary increase wouldn't be complained at!
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are opportunities offered outside of work, however these are not nation wide, so it would be nice to see these expanded everywhere.
9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I have always enjoyed working for Virgin, they are a good company who value there employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media? *
Look up the Virgin values, see if you already fit what virgin are looking for and think of examples of where you have shown these in practise.
More from Virgin MediaMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!