Network Engineer at Virgin Media

Ipswich
1st February 2016

Connect with Virgin Media

8.9/10

Network Engineer, day to day maintenance of the network and fixing any faults that occur within it.

As an existing employee I have started to develop skills I already had and began to take on lots of more knowledge to push my self and become a good engineer.

I really enjoy the apprenticeship, this is the second one I have done after enjoy the first one I thought doing another one would be the perfect way to develop my skills.

4. How valued do you feel by Virgin Media?

Working for Virgin Media is a good experience and I enjoy working for them, they value their employees.

My programme seems organised, but as it is early days we are yet to see a full breakdown of what the whole programme entails.

I regularly have 1-2-1s with my manager to keep me updated about everything that is going on and what is required of me.

My employer helps me the whole way through my apprenticeship, I have an assigned mentor to take me through everything I need to learn.

My current salary is competitive against other apprenticeships, however with rising living costs, a salary increase wouldn't be complained at!

There are opportunities offered outside of work, however these are not nation wide, so it would be nice to see these expanded everywhere.

9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend? *

I have always enjoyed working for Virgin, they are a good company who value there employees.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media? *

Look up the Virgin values, see if you already fit what virgin are looking for and think of examples of where you have shown these in practise.