Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Business Apprentice at Leonardo

Edinburgh
February 2016

Connect with Leonardo

7.9/10

I am a Business Apprentice. This involves day to day shadowing of experienced professionals within the industry, as well as looking after tasks such as managing the paperwork for the constant flow of repairs coming in and out o the halls. During my time here I have also played a key role in setting up internal events such as Sons & Daughter to work Day.

I am currently progressing through the SVQ Level 3 in Business & Admin. As well as attending college on day release to study the same course at HNC level. So far I have gained knowledge of how the Euroradar consortium functions and gained the confidence that comes with speaking to highly skilled individuals daily.

My programme is highly engaging but can however be very confusing at times due to the complex nature of the business. This is made easier by the fact that the vast majority of people are more than happy to take time to explain any information. Overall the people within the business are very friendly and helpful.

4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?

We are continually given responsibility and recognition from the company as a whole and reassured by being told we are the future of the business as many of the workforce are ageing.

I feel that as a business apprentice that we are slightly less organised due to the large majority of efforts being based on technical apprentices, who are much larger in number.

I feel very supported by my training advisor as we are constantly in touch and any queries I have she is more than willing to answer

My work colleagues are always willing o assist me and are more helpful than i could have imagined, the only signal complaint i could ever offer would again be the fact we as business apprentices gain much less attention than Technical Apprentices.

As with any job I would like a pay increase. However I do feel the salary that we are on is more than adequate for our needs at a young age.

The company are constantly promoting events and I am now involved in far more than I was when i was in school.

9a. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend? *

I think its an enjoyable place to work, the people are great and the wage is always a bonus.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo? *

To do their research on the company as it is a very complex industry and any background knowledge would be very helpful.