Sales associate at Harrods

Competitive
30th January 2016

Connect with Harrods

7.2/10

This programme involves working as a sales associate at Harrods with training to support us in learning how to be success at our roles which will enable us to further our careers in the future.

I have been able to learn many skills from this programme such as how to work well in a team, dealing with a broad range of clients and also being able to manage my work life and personal life.

I do enjoy being on this programme as I feel like people look to me for advice. I also enjoy it as I am forever learning new skills and developing my knowledge of Harrods.

4. How valued do you feel by Harrods?

I feel very valued as only a certain amount of school leavers were appointed by Harrods. Also a lot of the managers and directors are familiar with the school leavers so are always willing to help you and discuss your experience.

The programme is well structured as we have a lot of training which is spread throughout the year.

We do receive a lot of support from our manager in terms of developing our knowledge. But during breaks in the training, such as sale period, there is not much contact.

As a whole Harrods is understanding when staff need support from them. For example, the mangers will try to make sure that your work life does not overrule your personal life.

Due to moving away from home I sometimes find the wage a bit of a stretch seeing as I am still on probation. However it is mangable and I have a supporting family that will always help me out if needed.

Due to living in London there is always something to do. However I never seem to have the time to participate in many activities.

9a. Would you recommend Harrods to a friend? *

Being on the programme is an invaubale experience as you learn so much each day and I'm training. It is a great opportunity to really understand what career path you wish to choose.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Harrods? *

Make the most of every opportunity you get. You get what out what you put into the programme